The proposed realignment of US 183 (Bell Boulevard) from Cedar Park Drive to Buttercup Creek Boulevard will be the topic of discussion at an open house and public hearing hosted by the Texas Department of Transportation and the City of Cedar Park on Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019. Displays will be available for viewing at 5 p.m. with the formal hearing starting at 6 p.m. The meeting will take place in the community rooms at the Cedar Park Recreation Center at 1435 Main Street in Cedar Park.
The purpose of the proposed Bell Boulevard realignment project is to improve public safety and accessibility for vehicles and pedestrians. The proposed project would:
• Move current Bell Boulevard traffic to Old Highway 183
• Widen Old Highway 183 from two to four lanes (two in each direction) with a raised center median and center-turn lanes at intersections
• Add right-turn lanes at intersections
• Construct an 8- to 10-foot shared-used path
• Provide safety lighting and landscaping
The open house and public hearing will allow citizens the opportunity to review and comment on the proposed realignment. Displays will be available and staff will be present to answer questions.
For more information, visit the TxDOT website at www.txdot.gov and search keywords “Bell Boulevard.” Comments will be accepted now through March 8, 2019, and can be submitted at the open house, via email at [email protected], or by mail at: city of Cedar Park. 450 Cypress Creek Road Cedar Park, Texas 78613 Attention: Emily Truman, P.E.